Working together to find a way forward
Bachelor of Counselling (Dist)
Full member NZCCA
Monty Temple provides counselling to individuals, couples and families in the Fiordland area. He has worked full time as a professional counsellor since 2008.
His office is located at the Fiordland Community House, located at 21 Luxmore Drive, Te Anau. Monty’s regular days of practice in Te Anau are Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Monday and Tuesday he is employed in Gore for the Gore Community Counselling Centre.
Monty’s main modalities of counselling are Narrative Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). Particular areas of expertise, training and experience include:
• Grief & loss
• Personal development and growth
• Couple and relationship counselling
• Pre-marriage counselling
• Family therapy and parenting issues
• Counselling with children and young people
• Mediation, such as parenting plans after separation or workplace related issues
• Anger management and domestic violence
• Trauma and abuse recovery, including sexual abuse
• Substance abuse and/or sexual addictions
• Critical debrief after traumatic events
Referrals can be made through the Fiordland Medical Centre, Fiordland Community House, or directly to Monty via his cell phone or email. As a provider of services for a number of agencies and businesses, funding assistance is often available upon request.